Friday, January 9, 2009

First Outing

Yesterday, Liz, Stefan and I went to see Slumdog Millionaire at the Cinema Art Centre. It was so great to get out. We took Wallace and my crutches along. It was nice to ride through the lively streets of Huntington.
The Cinema Arts Center is a great place to not only see movies, but it's great because of its handicap accessibility. It's like one big ramp. There are tons of old people there all the time. So this made life easy. Stefan wheeled me into the place...and I'm not gonna lie, we hit a few bumps and I shoulda been wearing my seat belt but wasn't. My good leg kept me from flying off. We were able to make these two women switch their seats because that was the handicap aisle. BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE. 
My review of the movie goes as follows: Great cinematography. Great imagery. Captured my attention. But had very cliche (even with the modern twist of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" TV show) storyline. 
I got a lot of stares and looks of confusion. I would just respond and say, "new years. new years."

No comments:

Post a Comment